Engineer's CC - RXR Realty
An Extraordinary First Class Club Experience
Engineers Country Club is a premier private club nestled among 210 acres in Roslyn Harbor New York on Long Island’s North Shore. Amenities include a beautifully maintained 18-hole championship golf course designed by Devereux Emmet, Har-Tru clay tennis courts, swimming pool, dining and social events.
Food and beverage operation at the Engineers Country Club, purchased by RXR reality had been in need of a capital infusion for quite some years. Questions from ownership were - Where, How, What and Why do we do a renovation? It's easy to spend money, it's hard to spend to get the most return on that investionment. For ease of understanding we preformed an comprehensive property assessment that compartmentalized each of the categories, with the critical components in tandem with a final culmination of observations. Next steps would be to design a strategic plan with the financial impact to address many of the deficiencies and objectives that you want to accomplish and implement in this project.
To perform a detailed evaluation of the mechanics in the food and beverage operation while representing the key component to execute a successful operation. Once challanges are identified, phase II is to reinvent the F&B department in a 5-month timeline.
Key areas such as:
- Financial responsibility, budgets, costs of goods, and labor
- Menu quality, variety, consistency, Identity, relivance to customers
- Staff training, skill level, professionalism and retention obstacles
- Conditions of operation, equipment, supplies, flow of service, space, and organization
- Food Safty and Sanitation
- 3Ps - Purchasing, Productivity & Profitability
The overall F&B program at the Engineers Club has great potential. There are private event rooms, a beautiful pool bar, a Halfway House, an adequate banquet and pre-function space with an attractive centrally located bar, a Mixed Grill overlooking a spacious patio and a formal dining area with a theater-style TV room and a spectacular view of the golf course. These areas seem under-utilized and need to be activated by a creative and dedicated F&B team. The current F&B management needs guidance and direction to have a strong presence with the enthusiasm needed in this club environment to ensure the members are the first priority.
- Kitchen FS design, equipment specification and organization
- F&B digital documentation - ordering system, scheduling process, recipe program, coach and counciling forms
- Elevate culinary leadership and staffing levels
- Pool Bar and Halfway House renovation
- Menu engineering celebrating the rich history and heritage of the club in all dining areas
- Creating a state of the art grab and go and limited high quality cooked to order menu at the Halfway House
The F&B operation lacks the leadership, both front and back of house to execute the stratigic plan needed to elevate the F&B offerings, while under going a complete BOH and dedicated FOH renovation. Additionally the need to make an impact on member service standards for the survival of the clubs financial existance and to support the condiminim project on the clubs property was more then the team could handle with out the support and guildance of Gigachef. Here are just some of our accomplishments.
- Acting executive chef for 4 months, during entire renovation, opening and oversight into the season
- Hired new executive chef - interveiwed, chef tested, created compensation package,orientated & trained
- Organized financial reporting and accountability with relistic budgets and proformas
- Designed, equipment specifications, budget parameters, project managed all areas of renovation - $700K
- Created new display and buffet presentations standards. Designed - Researched - Purchased - Implimented
- Redesigned F&B offering and presentation for ladies card room
- Created new menus and presentations in dining areas, snack bars and member amenities with recipes, product specifications
- Develope 3 extrodinary bar programs - with cocktail and spirits menus
- SOP’s (standard operating procedures) to insure the programming is conducive with the overall members vision.
- Developed maintance system for all F&B equipment with contracts and schedules to maintain