Pythian Market -Top 10 in the USA
A Food Hall For All & Event Space
Pythian Market is a food hall and gathering space in downtown New Orleans. It is comprised of local food purveyors, a fast craft bar, and curated retail vendors. More than a food hall, Pythian Market is a unique place for community-building and a celebration of culture, the arts and NOLA history.
Wouldnt it be cool to open a food hall? Its easy isnt it? Well the short answer is no, and the longer answer is - "no way"! There are many factors to consider in the development stages of not only this concept, but also any F&B concept. A notably challenging aspect to a food hall is that there are more than one operator working in a common space, so it's critical to be extra diligent in each of the planning stages.
- Creating a tactical plan to successfully sustain a create a market and other related offerings within the building
- Identifying the ideal blend of vendors and tenants
- Curating the overall structure and process with the objectives that it operates efficiently
- Devising a viable financial model with rent structures
- Creating the business model – Used for both vendors and the landlord to sustain - i.e. CAM charges, marketing, entertainment, maintenance, etc.
- Identifying the path of travel, infrastructure to support such as cold/dry storage, conference/event rooms, black iron, garbage, production, etc.
Gigachef is an expert in; Large Venue Curation, Concept Ideation, Operational Design Development and Supervision, F&B Budgets Formulation and Ongoing Oversight with Concept Implementation. We can assist you with the following.
- Market plan assessment
- Site plan virtual tour review (stake holders, architects, consultants)
- MEP schedules
- Design layout
- Tactical plan for maximizing activation spaces (co-working space, private event room, music, market)
- Review provision anchor tenant
- Review BOH accommodation and support
- Understanding the path of travel, infrastructure to support such as cold/dry storage, black iron, garbage, production.
- Review and revise programming conceptual documents
- Owner's vision – create formal document as project guardrails
- Develope vendor types by location and vision
- Review curation structure and process to operate efficiently
- Review and/or develop financial model to support with rent structures
- Soft sketch red line mark-up locating ventilation hoods, grease trap, sinks, commissary location, storage, garbage other utilities or support areas, stall layout, customers primary circulation, and seating using existing space from current architecture plans.
- Identify certain equipment type for the purposes of cuisine offerings and authenticity (wood fired, fire & ice, plancha, Charbroiler, BBQ etc.)
Services - From your Idea to opening and everything in between
- Develope Covid-19 Guidelines and Protocols
- Create Covid - 19 Food Safety monthly Inspections for facility
- Implement FSS( Food Safety Sanitation) Manager position for multi - unit / volume locations
- Concept developement - strategic ideation - branding and messaging
- Define what your food hall experience is to complement the entire development complex
- Work with owner to establish and develop a business model – deal structure, with CAM and vendor business requirements
- Ground work to structure facility, potential deals and criteria
- Identify and interview potential partners, and based on needs
- FS design, MEP, CAD plans, construction oversight
- Recommend equipment specification, budgets and timing
- Provide finished recommendations and supporting materials for operating efficiencies
The gigachef team collaborates with the various client selected teams to participate in planning for the space's development use and design
- Operational space requirements to support concept
- Work flow and facilitation of volume
- Integration of design with concept
- Production facility needs and coordination