A Food Hall For All & Event Space
Pythian Market is a food hall and gathering space in downtown New Orleans. In here you’ll find local food purveyors, a fast craft bar, and curated retail vendors. More than a food hall, Pythian Market is a place for community and a celebration of culture and the arts.
Wouldnt it be cool to open a food hall? Its easy isnt it? Well the short answer is no, but the longer answer is "no way". There are many things to consider in the development stages of not only this concept, but any F&B concept. The challanging piece to a food hall is their are more than one operator living within a common space, so it's critical to be extra diligent in all the planning stages.
Here is some of the keys to the kingdom
- Tactical plan to create a market and other related offerings with in the building
- Identifying types of vendors and tenants
- Curation structure and process to operate efficiently
- Financial model to support with rent structures
- Create the business model – Used for vendors and landlord to sustain - i.e. cam charges, marketing, entertainment, maintenance
- Understanding the path of travel, infrastructure to support such as cold/dry storage, conference/event rooms, black iron, garbage, production.
We are the experts in; Large Venue Curation, Concept Ideation, Operational Design Development and Supervision, F&B Budgets Formulation and Ongoing Oversight with Concept Implementation. We can do the following.
- Market plan assessment
- Site plan virtual tour review (stake holders, architects, consultants)
- MEP schedules
- Proposed design layout
- Identify tactical plan for creating activation spaces (co-working space, private event room, music, market)
- Review provision anchor tenant
- Review BOH accommodation and support
- Understanding the path of travel, infrastructure to support such as cold/dry storage, black iron, garbage, production.
- Review and revise programming conceptual documents
- Owners vision – create formal document as project guardrails
- Develope vendor types by location and vision
- Review curation structure and process to operate efficiently
- Review or develop financial model to support with rent structures
- Soft sketch red line mark-up locating ventilation hoods, grease trap, sinks, commissary location, storage, garbage other utilities or support areas, stall layout, customers primary circulation, and seating using existing space from current architecture plans.
- Identify certain equipment type for the purposes of cuisine offerings and authenticity (wood fired, fire & ice, plancha, CharBroil, BBQ etc.)
Services - From your Idea to opening and everything in between
- Concept developement - stratigic ideation - create or massage
- Define what your food hall experience is to compliment the entire development complex
- Work with owner to establish and develop a business model – deal structure, with CAM and vendor business requirements
- Ground work to structure facility, potential deals and criteria
- Identify and interveiw potential partners, and based on needs
- FS design, MEP, CAD plans, construction oversight
- Recommend equipment specification, budgets and timing
- Provide finsh recommendations and supporting materials for operating effciencies
We work with the selected appropriate teams to participate in planning as needed for the space use development and design
- Operational space requirements to support concept
- Work flow and facilitation of volume
- Integration of design with concept
- Production facility needs and coordination